Friday, October 12, 2012
What makes me unique?
1. I have a degree in graphic design but spend 40+ hours a week at a hospital doing Medicare billing.
2. I drive a 2001 four door Malibu that is in dire need of new tires before the inch of ice, gallons of sleet and feet of snow arrive.
3. I desperately want a new puppy so that the house isn't so eerily quiet when the boys and I arrive home after a long day.
4. My favorite soft drink is Diet Dr. Pepper and it is best served with a slice of cold pizza.
5. I secretly aspire to achieve the shabby chic/vintage look while keeping things slightly clean and simple.
I probably say this every month, but the October Card Kit from Artful Delight has got to be my most favorite yet. I simply adore that the papers and embellishments lend themselves to an easy shabby/vintage look, yet, you can also go bold and graphic! The top card features all items from the kit (except for the May Arts Linen Burlap String) and was inspired by the latest card featured over at CASE Study Challenge. I was inspired by the way the strips of paper fell to the bottom of the card and the design was punctuated by a large flower as a focal point.
This next card features all items from the kit, accentuated with dies from my stash. The design was inspired by the new CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge. I'm entering this into the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Use Dies too!
So to sum things up, the Artful Delight Card Kit is very versatile, no matter what kind of card style you fancy. There are elements in there for everyone! You can check them out here. Also, link up to the Artful Delight Scrapbook or Card Sketch Challenge for your chance to win a free kit. Details are here!