Friday, October 26, 2012

Your Someone


Beside the obvious in your children, parents, spouse, and any family in general, or any romantic interest, who is your someone special? There's a gal at my work that keeps me sane. She dutifully answers any questions that I have (and I ask a lot!), doesn't get impatient, has some really crazy stories and makes me laugh. With all the tough times and many transitions that we've had, she's been the constant, the reliable, and the someone special~at work anyway!



I'm here today with a few cards made with Artful Delight's October Card Kit. I'm delighted to say that I've been accepted back for another term as an Artful Delight Card Kit Design Team Member, and look forward to showcasing more projects, tutorials and tricks for the next six months. I really enjoyed working with the ladies from this past term as well. I keep saying it and each time I mean it even more: I love these kits.



So these two cards feature labels trimmed from a sheet of patterned paper, wood veneers, card bases all from the kit, the sentiments were stamped and the stamp set was part of the kit too! I only added some burlap string and used a branch die on the first card.

Contents of the November Scrapbook and Card Kits were just announced on the Artful Delight Blog yesterday and its another fantastic kit!

27 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are gorgeous...love the pretty green card bases and the clusters of goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you featured the wood veneer elements and used the green and neutrals together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little heart! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful - especially love the birds scene - the multiple frames, the little branches - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, love the green background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are so sweet! Love those little wooden elements, they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree both cards are simply gorgeous. I can't wait to work with you on this DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! That first card is just so beautiful and natural and it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your co-worker sounds a lot like a lady I work with - she keeps me laughing even in the stressful times!

    Love these beautiful cards, Karen - wonderful combination of elements! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Complete enabling on these cards! I love the wood shapes...I have some on my desk and you are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love the green base and all the natural fibers/textures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo for more fabulous Artful Delight cards, you work wonders with the goodies. People who keep you sane are important, you should give her the card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally gorgeous..and i love your trademark..(birds) always my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are lovely. Really love how the twine adds such rustic appeal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your BEAUTIFUL CARD!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. two beautiful cards :)
    your friend at work is going to treasure her card :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both of the cards, but my favorite is the second one. So simple but so striking.
    Your co-worker sounds like a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both gorgeous cards! Wow Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How sweet of you to give a card to your co-worker! I'm sure she'll appreciate it!!

    Love the mix of twine and wood embellishments on both cards!!!

    Congrats on the DT post :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karen, thank you so much for regularly visiting my blog and for your encouraging comments. Also, you may be jealous of my new die-cutting system, but I'm equally jealous of your designing skills. I wish I had half your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wonderful layering of paper and elements. beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahh, these are so pretty, Karen. Beautiful twine detail on both.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love both cards !!! So pretty!!! Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. i keep coming back to look at these...beautiful cards! that green is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are lovely- love the green bases & fun elements. So glad you have a sanity friend at work- and congrats on continuing with artful- you make the kits shine!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous layers and little details on both!

    ReplyDelete