Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Dendrochronology


I learned from a Google Search (of course, since all the other research methods I grew up with seem to be long forgotten...) that Dendrochronoly, or tree-ring dating, is the scientific method of dating based on the analysis of patterns of tree rings, or growth rings. I think that Concord & 9th created a perfect replica of this in their Tree Ring Background Stamp. It is beautiful stamp and I want to use it on everything.

This card was inspired by the current Ellen Hutson August Pin-Sights Challenge, especially the photo in the upper left corner with the beautiful pink blooms set in front of a faded, white, wood frame.


I used the Tree Ring Background Stamp as a background for the beautiful blooms from Altenew's Beautiful Day Stamps and the classic font sentiment from Ellen Hutson's Essentials by Ellen Twelve Days Companion Greetings by Julie Ebersole Stamp Set.


I stamped in birch pigment ink and heat embossed in clear the ring onto a vanilla carstock panel and the blooms and leaf onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I colored the with zigs the blooms and leaves, fussy cut them out and arranged them onto the tree ring. I then stamped the sentiment onto a banner and tucked it behind the blooms. The edges were inked and the panel mounted onto a vanilla card base.

7 comments: