Sunday, December 18, 2016

Single Bloom


I needed a bit of color in my life as everything outside is white, white, white! 


Today I'm playing along in Altenew's Year in Review Inpsiration Challenge. (I was inspired by the July Challenge, I really liked the green to yellow feature in the inspiration photo.)


I started by applying a green and yellow wash to watercolor paper and then stamped and white heat embossed the leaves and flower from Altenew's Beautiful Day Stamp Set. I then added a bit of shading with copic markers. This panel was added to a white card base bordered by green cardstock, the size being 4 x 5.5, so that the colorful panel overlapped.


Then I finished the card with a white on white die cut sentiment, from Altenew's Majestic Blooms Die. Overall, I really enjoy the organic colored panel contrasted with the clean and chic card design.


9 comments:

  1. Love how vibrant this is Karen. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Karen! Love the yellow and green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love the colors. Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card, Karen! Hope you and your family have a Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Karen! I love the color changing from green to yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! Love how you stamped over that gorgeous wash of colour!

    ReplyDelete