Saturday, January 7, 2017

Tickled Pink Piggy


We're loosing our supervisor at the office next week and we are all happy for her to begin her new adventure, but sad that she's leaving. A double edged sword, you know? I'm the resident card maker in the office, so I created this card for us to sign and wish her well.

I'm playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge #314.


I started with a rustic cardstock panel that I washed with watercolor in pink hues and splattered with pink and brown ink. This was mounted to a kraft cardbase and then I stamped the cute piggy from Hog Heaven onto a rustic rectangle panel border with some pink scallops from Blueprints Die-Namics 27. He was watercolored as well, and some sparkle was added to the heart. I finished the card with a few sentiment banners.


8 comments:

  1. Awww Karen, this card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is simply adorable! It is sure to bring a smile! I'm saving this post so I can imitate the ideas (love the watercolor/speckle background) and as always I am totally inspired by your work! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is going to appreciate this so much! So, so adorable and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card!!! I so want to jump in on one of those sketch challenges one of these days. They look so fun!! I absolutely LOVE your coloring on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I have a thing for pigs and this one is just the CUTEST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute! Love this adorable design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at the masterful use of PINK!! Such a sweet little image too! Your wash, spatter & layout is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete